Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tequila shots are free during dinner

...is possibly the best thing I've ever read on a hostel booking confirmation email. What a great welcome to Cancun!

However, I can't help but expect Cancun to be the US equivalent of our 18-30s holidays, with sex, drugs, rock and roll, and purpose-built hotels featuring heavily. Although it may not be too bad - and I won't be there during the infamous 'spring break' period and I actually only have 3 nights there before heading down Mexico's stunning Caribbean coast and the Mayan Riviera.

Now I have less than 24 hours before walking through those Gatwick departure gates, the countdown has begun. It's very surreal to know that following an 11-hour flight and copious amounts of slim-line G&T (I am flying BA after all), I will be starting my travels. After a week of feeling a tad apprehensive about the whole thing, I am finally starting to feel excited again! I'm not even daunted by the 4am wake-up tomorrow morning - I'm more concerned that the associated early night means I will miss tonight's TOWIE (will someone please keep me updated on all things reem? Cheeeerz).

So all that's left to do today: final 'admin' stuff; line backpack with nice-smelling laundry sheets; charge mp3 player; look at google images of places I'm going; eat last supper; and try and sleep (!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment